test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Introducing our 2016-17 Newberg MOPS Steering Team: ANGELA KANTZ



This year, ANGELA KANTZ is in charge of Hospitality.  She is responsible for the lovely (usually hand-made) table gifts at each meeting, organizing our Mom's Time Out events and more.

• Name: Angela Kantz

• Position: Hospitality

• Kids/Family: I've been married to my husband Ben for almost 11 years, we have two kids, Noah who will be 6 in September and Selah who is 2.5.

• Favorite thing to do with my family: My favorite thing to do with my family is walking to the park. The kids love to go and Newberg has some great parks! I also enjoy running errands and just being together.

• What a day to myself would look like: Well well well...it would start with an Americano magically arriving on my nightstand, followed by an uninterrupted shower. I would read a good book, take a trip to the spa, do some exercise, take a nap, and meet up with my friends for some hangout time. 

• What I enjoy most about MOPS: I love the connections I have made over the years. I enjoy hearing from the speakers and the Moms Time Out. 

• What I am looking forward to this year with MOPS: Everything! 

• What this year’s theme “We Are The Starry Eyed” means to me: When I first heard about the theme for this year it felt a little hokey. But as the steering team has dug a little deeper I am excited about it! There are some phrases that stand out to me that I am excited to ponder and explore: 
  • "Seeing the light in the darkness and choosing to live courageously in both." 
  • "It is opening our eyes to wonder and choosing hope over fear."
  • "It is a choice to live fully and wholly and to breathe our way back to life."

No comments: