test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Introducing our 2016-17 Newberg MOPS Steering Team: ERIN WIEBOLD


Let's welcome ERIN WIEBOLD to our Steering Team Care position.  Erin is in charge of making sure each birthday and pregnancy/birth/adoption is celebrated with an acknowledgment and a special gift.  When a member suffers a loss, she will also make sure our group mourns and prays with that mom. 

• Name: Erin Wiebold


• Position: Care

• Kids/FamilyI have two rambunctious BUT adorable boys - Jackson is 2 and Judah is 1, been married to my my man for 6 years this September!

• Favorite thing to do with my family: My favorite thing to do with my family is to have a family day that is planned out! Having a plan is key when it comes to having toddlers lol. We wake up and make a big yummy breakfast to start us off right- Strawberry waffles, eggs, bacon and of course a cup of coffee! From there we would head off to the zoo as that is the kids favorite right now!

• What a day to myself would look like: A day to myself would look like waking up when I want and then heading out to a hip cafe or grabbing breakfast at a place like Red Hills Market. I would sit and Journal or read a book for a bit while sipping my white mocha. From there I would go on a road trip to the gorge and go on a hike and explore Hood River.  To end the day I would grab dinner at a local brewery and then shop some of the cute boutiques there. Of course trying to find a bargain in one of the shops. Love a good deal!

• Why I joined Steering:  I joined steering because I love being involved in leadership as there is such a richness of friendship, involvement/serving, and connection that happens.

• What I enjoy most about MOPS:  Last year was my first year at mops and I absolutely loved it! I felt pampered from the moment I walked in.  Just having had two boys 18 months apart made life rich but I was very drained and coming to MOPS allowed for me to feel refreshed and gave me the little boost of encouragement I needed to get thru the rest of the month! 

• What I am looking forward to this year with MOPS: I am looking forward to MOPS this year as it means good community and conversations! Love the friendships and the camaraderie that forms at our tables! I value this so much while raising my littles. Having this community is such a blessing. I look forward to meeting more of you! 

• What this year’s theme “We Are The Starry Eyed” means to me: This years theme “We are the starry eyed” means a lot to me actually. I feel like my journey in parenthood is very reflective of our theme. Being Starry Eyed means looking for the light even when darkness is enveloping. It is an opportunity to hope recklessly and to witness God’s presence guiding things seen and unseen, comfortable and uncomfortable. Parenting is such a mash of super lovey dovey/grateful moments and moments where you want to run away and hide and not have to deal with ANOTHER toddler meltdown. Moments when you wonder if your failing miserably at this mom gig?!?! The highs and lows are very real in parenting yet I have found that God is near and is working in our lives even in and through the hard moments.  Often we think in our parenting fail moments or when we are going thru unknown parenting territory that God is distant hoping we can "pull it off" and if we don’t do so well …  well...he’s upset. Yet in my experience Gods heart for me is tender, compassionate slow to anger and abounding in love, but for some reason I just forget this.  I strive to earn this freely given love, yet as I begin to trust his heart as I parent thru the highs and lows I see that there is hope when the darkness of life happens. There is purpose, redemption, and hope even in the midst of those hard parenting days. And because of this I’m becoming more and more at peace with the dark and light I have to deal with on a daily basis.



No comments: