test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Introducing our 2016-17 Newberg MOPS Steering Team: ANDREA VALDEZ




ANDREA VALDEZ is this year's Publicity person.  She's in charge of getting the word out about our events, meetings and anything else going on.  She is also in charge of the monthly newsletter and managing our blog, facebook and email.

• Name: Andrea Valdez

• Position: Publicity

• Kids/FamilyHusband Ryan, Andrew (4) and Ethan (2)

• Favorite thing to do with my family: Anything and everything – we enjoy being outdoors, road trips, board and card games, movie nights, bowling, and so much more.

• What a day to myself would look like: I would sleep in, have breakfast at a restaurant and go for a hike.  I would then go somewhere quiet and read a great book and meet my friends in the evening for an awesome dinner out and hours of laughing and talking.

• Why I joined Steering: I felt called to serve and develop some deeper friendships with other women on the Steering Team.  It's been a wonderful, challenging experience.

• What I enjoy most about MOPS: The fellowship.  It’s so nice to be around a group of women that truly “get” where you’re at in life – your struggles, your triumphs.  And the deeps friendships I have developed are truly heaven-sent.

• What I am looking forward to this year with MOPS:  Developing close friendships with my table group and attending as many of the outings as I can.

• What this year’s theme “We Are The Starry Eyed” means to me: I really love the tag line for this year's theme.  "Wonder • Hope • Kindness".  I really want these 3 words and concepts to be bountiful in my life. I want to always feel hopeful about the present and the future.  I want to always find wonder in the simplest of things.  I want to always find kindness to be prevalent in my life.  I want to look at the world like a child on his or her first trip to Disneyland.  I want this even more for my boys...and my husband too!

No comments: