test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Introducing our 2016-17 Newberg MOPS Steering Team: ANNA DUFF



ANNA DUFF is the queen of all things creative and we are very lucky to have her back as our CREATIVITY person this year.  Anna is in charge of crafts and does a fabulous job finding fun and meaningful projects for our group.

• Name: Anna Duff

• Position: Creativity

• Kids/Family: I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 9 years. Derek and I have been together for 15 years. We have a quirky, hilarious and creative 5-year-old daughter named Lily. We also have a 2-year-old son named Hayden who always has a giant smile on his face and is the biggest tease I know.

• Favorite thing to do with my family: I’m a pretty easy gal to please. The simple things in life make me the happiest. I love playing board games and watching TV with family, playing and crafting with my kids, talking with the ones I love and sharing delicious food with family and friends. There is something warm and cozy about sharing a good meal with loved ones. It provokes good conversation, laughter and creates precious memories.

• What a day to myself would look like: Long before I had kids I made a list of my “Top Favorite Things in Life.” I’m not sure why I did this. It seemed important at the time. Wow, I can’ imagine having the time to even begin making a list like that in my current stage of life. One of my top favorite things was and still is 3:00pm naps. I always crash around that time of day, especially since having kids. Nothing, absolutely nothing feels better than a nap. So, if I had a day to myself I would definitely take a nap. Of course, this would follow a full day of shopping, eating and drinking coffee all by myself. You know, the things you did before having kids without truly appreciating the luxury of completing simple tasks without adorable little people hanging off your legs.

• Why I joined Steering:
I joined steering as a personal challenge. I tend to be a shy person and get a little too comfortable with my simple day to day life. I knew I needed to branch out and meet other moms. I needed to challenge myself and step outside of my comfort zone. It was announced at my very first MOPS meeting that the crafts position was open. This was right up my alley. I decided to dive right in and go for it. This ended up being a great decision. This is my 5th year on MOPS Steering! The friendships and comradery I have experience by being a part of steering has been amazing. Some of my dearest friends are ones I meet at MOPS. These ladies have helped me believe I could do things in my life that I didn’t believe I could do.

• What I enjoy most about MOPS:
Hands down, the thing I enjoy most about MOPS is having the friendship and wisdom of dozens of fellow mamas at my fingertips. The knowledge I have gained from other MOPS moms over the past 4 years is priceless. In terms of raising a preschooler and getting through all the stages that crop up between birth and age 5, some moms have been there before, some are there right now and some have yet to get there. Each of us has different experiences and knowledge to share.  It’s fun to share the good times with friends, but also good to know that you are not alone during the rough times. I think there is truly something special and powerful about a woman’s relationship and bond with other women.

• What I am looking forward to this year with MOPS: BUNCO, I’m itching to play some BUNCO! I’m kidding...kind of. I do love the Mom's Times Outs. They are the perfect recharge for my tired “mom battery.”


• What this year’s theme “We Are The Starry Eyed” means to me: Honestly, I really didn’t understand this year’s theme at first. One afternoon while searching Pinterest for MOPS craft ideas I ran across the following theme explanation. It completely opened my eyes to the meaning of the theme. I couldn’t say it better myself.


"Starry Eyed means looking for the light even when darkness is enveloping. It is an opportunity to hope recklessly and to witness God’s presence guiding things seen and unseen, comfortable and uncomfortable. When we reflect back over our lives, this year is going to stand out. It will be the year that we decided to live fully by both sunlight and moonlight. Because audacity is rising in the deepest and wildest parts of our souls. And the best part is, we will experience it all together."

No comments: