Part of this year's Hospitality crew along with Angela Kantz, CHRISTI KOKKELER has a fantastic eye for decorating. She and Angela are responsible for the lovely (usually hand-made) table gifts at each meeting, organizing our Mom's Time Out events and more.
• Name: Christi Kokkeler
• Kids/Family: I've been married for 10 years to my husband Zach. We have wild and crazy almost four-year-old twin boys named Andy and Henry.
• Favorite thing to do with my family: We love taking spontaneous day trips together!
• What a day to myself would look like: SO QUIET! I recently had the opportunity to have a whole day to myself in Hood River- I read a book by the river, shopped in stores that are too tiny for a double stroller AND had tons of breakable items, savored my lunch, finished the day with a pedicure.... and missed my kids!
• Why I joined Steering: equal parts the desire to invest in a ministry that had really touched me and for the added depth of community with other moms.
• What I enjoy most about MOPS: being with a huge group of women who are right there in the trenches of motherhood with me. Knowing that the second Monday of the month I'll get to eat breakfast, hang out with my friends and leave feeling renewed and encouraged!
• What I am looking forward to this year with MOPS: Mom's Time Out... Angela and I have some fun ideas brewing- we hope you'll join us!
• What this year’s theme “We Are The Starry Eyed” means to me: I'll be honest- when the theme was first released my initial thought was --- "I'm pretty sure that was the theme of my senior prom.... 15 years ago" But since then, we've read more and dug a bit deeper into the theme and it is growing on me! This theme has several parts, but one I can really identify with is TRULY living and finding both joy and contentment in ALL of what our lives entail. Embracing wonder in the midst of the mundane and realizing that it is the combination of the two that make life beautiful- without one, how do we recognize and fully appreciate the other?