test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Get to know 2015 Steering Team....meet Stephanie Sticka!


Name:  Stephanie Sticka

Position: Discussion Group Leader (DGL) Coordinator
 
Kids/Family: Scarlet 1.5 years, Baby #2 coming christmas time. Husband, Ryan!

Favorite thing to do with my family: Family hikes & dance parties 

Where I grew up: Beaverton, Or

Hobbies (what I enjoy doing when a have some time to myself): Hiking, reading, scrapbooking & praying :) Talking with my husband. 

Favorite MOPS memory: Going to my first MOPS meeting just 2 days before my daughter was born! Full bloom!

What I enjoy most about MOPS: Connecting with a wide variety of moms who passionately love to talk about motherhood! Laughing over commonalities! 

Why I joined Steering: To challenge myself through service & get to know more moms. 

What I am looking forward to this year with MOPS: The theme & community! Getting to see new faces & old friends! Making memories together through conversation & hangouts. 

The theme this year is a Fierce Flourishing.  What that means to me: It means that God so desires that I flourish in motherhood! That He will lead me peacefully through every season, give me wisdom, grace & a bucket of laughter. That He will grow me during dry seasons. That motherhood produces growth! 

No comments: