test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Get to know 2015 Steering Team!

-->
Name: Angela Kantz

Position: Coordinator (includes making sure all the details come together for meetings and scheduling speakers)

Kids/Family: I’m married to my husband Ben. We are celebrating 10 years of marriage this coming December. We have two children. Noah will be five in September and Selah is 18 months.

Favorite thing to do with my family: With Ben’s work schedule we don’t have a lot of time together as a family, but I love when we all walk to the park, run errands together, or go on a bike ride.

Where I grew up: I lived in Indiana until I was ten, and then my family moved to Newberg. I’ve been in Newberg for the last 24 years.  

Hobbies (what I enjoy doing when a have some time to myself): I love to read, go on walks, and spend time with my friends.

What I enjoy most about MOPS: I really really love the relationships that come from MOPS. I look forward to catching up with my table group each month and I have gained some longer lasting friendships. I also know how important it is for those who are new to the area and don’t have the same support as I do. I hear over and over how wonderful it is to have MOPS. Motherhood is such a huge part of life right now and it is nice having others going thru it with me.

Why I joined Steering: I joined steering because I didn’t have a great first year. I decided instead of giving up on it, I would help plan it! This is my fourth year on steering and I really love it. It is fun serving alongside a great group of people AND I get to spend time with Nancy and that is always great.

What I am looking forward to this year with MOPS: I’m looking forward to really digging into the theme of “ A Fierce Flourishing”  not only for our group but also for myself personally. I am going to really try and challenge myself to lean in to celebrating lavishly, embracing rest, and seeing goodness.

No comments: