test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Meet Your Steering Team - Stephanie Thouvenel



Name: Stephanie Thouvenel

Position: Discussion Group Leader

Kids/Family: My husband Joseph and I have been married for 9 years. We are blessed with our sweet and spicy daughter Hope (4) our wiggly worm son Tad (1), two kittens, and our two chickens, Flip and Flap.
Where did you grow up: I grew up in Newberg and my husband and I just moved back after being away on the Oregon Coast for the last ten years.
What did you do before kids: Before kids I worked in partnership with my husband at Twin Rocks Friends Camp in Rockaway Beach where we ran all the summer and year-round programs. I worked a lot more hours, got a lot more sleep, and had a much, much cleaner house.
Hobbies: I love to cook, organize, read, play board games, jog, garden, and many other various things that I don't spend nearly enough time doing these days.

Favorite MOPS memory: This is my first year being a part of Newberg MOPS, but at my last MOPS group we had a Mom's Day Out to the local Tea Shop which was tons of fun. I loved the low key environment and the ability to chat casually with everyone.

Why did you join steering: I am really excited to get more involved in the Newberg community since I have been away from it for so long. I also love helping people connect and supporting other moms, so I thought this would be a great way of jumping in before too many other commitments clutter up my life. I tend to be a bit commitment shy quite honestly, so I figured it was now or never.

What are you most looking forward to for this year of MOPS:  I am looking forward to making new friends and connecting with old ones. It is so helpful to me to have an opportunity to share my story with others and hear their stories in return. MOPS reminds me I am not alone in this sometimes lonely walk as a mom, and that is invaluable. I also love the opportunity for my kids to experience time away from me in a safe environment.

No comments: