test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Meet Your Steering Team - Nancy Almquist



Name- Nancy Almquist

Position -
Mentor Mom

Kids/Family - Tim (21), Mark (21) and Andrew (17)

Where did you grow up - I was born in southeast Texas and many of my family members still live there. I moved to Eugene, Oregon when I was in 5th grade and have lived in Oregon ever since.

What did you do before kids - before kids I seemed to have more margin in my life. I worked along side my husband in ministry and also was full time college student.

Hobbies - I love being creative - paper is my preferred textile (as it's pretty cheap and ends up in more instant gratification). I also enjoy cooking, being outdoors with my husband and our family; I love movies, the smell of roses, laughing - for any number of reasons.

Favorite MOPS memory - Learning years ago from the MOPS International President Elise Morgan - it was ok to be imperfect as a Mom.

Why did you join steering - I am passionate about encouraging Moms to be the blessed and amazing woman they are. If I can give hope, courage and inspire a woman to see herself as God does - I have done what I was created to do.

What are you most looking forward to for this year of mops - Seeing our returning Moms and their kiddos and meeting the new ones. (It gives me great joy to walk this journey with other young Moms!)                   
           

No comments: