test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Meet Your Steering Team - Jenny Hoots



Name- Jenny Hoots

Position - Crafts and Fundraising

Kids/Family - My husband Doc and I have been married for 10 years and we have three daughters-Kennedy who is 6, Reece is 4 and
Taylor is 1.

Where did you grow up - I've lived in Newberg all my life and I'm thrilled to be raising my family here.

What did you do before kids - I worked full time for an auto body repair facility, scrapbooked and spent a lot more time reading than I do now.

Hobbies - Since becoming a mom and having a family to care for I've discovered I really love to cook and bake.  I am always trying out new recipes and baking delicious treats.  Last year I started running and just completed my first half marathon in July.  And sometimes, I still squeeze in some time to read.

Favorite MOPS memory - I don't have a particular favorite but I do remember on a few occasions when it was a MOPS morning and I was frazzled and having a hard time getting everyone out the door.  I felt like it would have been easier to stay home but we went anyway and afterward I arrived home refreshed and feeling like a better mom.  My cup was filled by the ladies at my table who could relate to the ups and downs of motherhood and offered support and kind words. 

Why did you join steering - It was one of those things I felt drawn to but hadn't fully decided on until I heard myself piping up to volunteer.  I arrived home that day and wondered what had just happened but I knew MOPS was exactly what I needed in my life and I wanted to be involved in a bigger way. I am very excited about this years theme "Be You Bravely" because I am a fairly introverted person and to join Steering is truly going to be a personal test of being myself bravely. 

What are you most looking forward to for this year of MOPS
- I'm looking forward to seeing old friends again and meeting new ones.  And honestly, sitting down to breakfast and a nice cup of coffee with friends is pretty great.

No comments: