test photo

test photo

Newberg MOPS

Welcome to Newberg MOPS!

MOPS is a grassroots movement that believes moms are world influencers. We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why MOPS connects moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.


MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”


We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Meet Your Steering Team - Anna Duff



Name- Anna Duff 

Position – Finance

Kids/Family – Lily (3 ½) Hayden (2 ½ months)

Where did you grow up – I was raised in Gresham Oregon and moved to Newberg in 2007 for my job. My husband and I instantly loved Newberg and have decided to make it our “forever town.”

What did you do before kids – In 2006 I graduated from Oregon State University with a Bachelors of Science in Merchandising Management with an emphasis in Apparel and Sewn Production. I went to work for The Kelly Group Keller Williams Realty in Newberg as a Marketing Coordinator. I absolutely loved my job and the amazing people I worked with. My time at The Kelly Group was a life changing experience that I am eternally grateful for. In 2007 I married my high school sweetheart. When our daughter was born in 2011 I was blessed with the chance to be a stay at home mom, which has always been my dream job.

Hobbies – My favorite quote is, “enjoy life’s simple pleasures.” This is exactly what I do. The smallest of things seems to thrill me and make life worth living. My life might seem humdrum to some, but this is exactly the way I like. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I enjoy being creative. I like sewing, craft projects and baking. I love polka dots and heels, but have also been known to enjoy a few monster truck rallies in my time. Number one in my life is my family and friends.

Favorite MOPS memory – I have many favorite MOPS memories! Do I have to choose one? I guess I would have to say that I most enjoy the Moms Time Outs. Necklace making, fondant class, meet and greets and so much more! I can’t choose just one!

Why did you join steering – I joined steering as a personal challenge. I tend to be a shy person and get a little too comfortable with my simple day to day life. I knew I needed to branch out and meet other moms. I needed to challenge myself and step outside of my comfort zone. It was announced at my very first MOPS meeting that the crafts position was open. This was right up my alley. I decided to dive right in and go for it. This ended up being a great decision. The friendships and comradery I have experience by being a part of steering has been amazing. After 2 years doing crafts, I am now giving finance a try.

What are you most looking forward to for this year of mops – I am most looking forward to learning. The knowledge I have gained from other MOPS moms over the past 2 years is priceless. In terms of raising a preschooler and getting through all the stages that crop up between birth and age 5, some moms have been there before, some are there right now and some have yet to get there. Each of us has different experiences and knowledge to share.  It’s fun to share the good times with friends, but also good to know that you are not alone during the rough times. I think there is truly something special and powerful about a woman’s relationship and bond with other women.

No comments: